On April 28, 2022, American Intercon School committee, Mao Tse Tung campus organized a biology experiment under the theme “Plant Cell Observation” for 7th grade students. This event was led by Mr. Ouk Ek Kumpheak, teacher of Biology. The teacher presented the main points of the lesson content to the students to understand the purpose of the lesson, the process of experimentation, and use of experimental tools to examine flower pollen using a microscope.
Then, the teacher showed the experimental materials such as flowers, leaves, plants, brackets, scissors, razors, paper towels, and a microscope. After presenting the experiment materials, the teacher presented the theory about the process of the experiment by dividing the students into groups of 3 to 4 members. Also, the teacher led students in each group to practice with additional guidance.
As a result, students gain knowledge such as:
- Examine the shape of plant cells.
- Know how to use a microscope.
- Perform experiments to relate to the theory of lessons learned in the class.
- Students understand the objectives, especially the results of the experiment.
- Practical students increase alertness and responsibility be on its job.
- Students know how to unite and cooperate in experimenting more effectively.