Information technology continues to be a key component in how we support our faculty, students, teachers, and staff on campus. Consequently, technology has become more pervasive and plays an ever-increasing role in the daily lives of those in our organization both on and off campus. Technology not only supports the demands of the academic environment, the needs of our administration, and the learning and quality of life of our students but also the well-being and safety of our entire organization.
The Information Technology Department (ITD) will continue to utilize the established governance structures to provide support and facilitate thoughtful investment and allocation of resources to meet the needs of the organization.
IT Mission, Vision, and Core Value
Our vision is to create an environment where all students and staff have easy access to technology resources and information, and to provide an infrastructure that supports the goals of the MJQE.
The mission of the information technology department is to build a quality and comprehensive technology infrastructure, establish and maintain an effective operational environment, and deliver quality, prompt, cost effective and reliable technology services.
IT Core Value
- Collaboration: We are dedicated to a constructive, team-oriented environment, gathering varied perspectives, sharing knowledge and building effective partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Excellence: We strive for operational excellent through the on-going development of the staff and the organization as a whole. We seek to be innovative and to perform at the highest levels.
- Transparency: We leverage open communications and thoughtful business processes to be accountable in our interactions and our works.
- People: We listen to respect, and care for faculty, staff, students and one another, both professionally and personally. Design and deliver IT solution that put the needs of staffs and students first.
- Service: We strive to provide excellent service by being consistent, agile, reliable and accessible to all.
- Innovation: Forster innovation and adoption of new technologies
- Quality and availability of information: Enhance the quality, availability, and delivery of information.
- Efficiency: Increase efficiency, transparency and accountability of IT
- Value: Provide business value to all users and stakeholders
1.1. Technical Support Team Section
- Technical Support Team is a team who responsible for:
- Supporting campus in the scopes of business lines including hardware, software, application, network, email, security, system, training and awareness etc.
- Giving a compliance assurance of all building at all campuses and also a business consultative partners with all building
1.2. Network Infrastructure Team Section
- Network Team is responsible for:
- Providing infrastructure services vision, enable innovation and leverage IT trend that can create business value consistent with the business’s requirements and expectation
- Ensuring comprehensive disaster recovery architecture is maintained and operation are in place to ensure compliance with internal audits and external audit during business continuity events (emphasizing but not limit to storage area networks and redundant, highly available server and network architecture)
- Conducting regular preventative maintenance and manage the network operation center team to monitor system performance, network traffic, and security to prevent system downtime and any possible attacks.
- Developing standard documentation and roll out for communication systems, server and workstation, network, storage, software, and other computer related systems.
- Monitoring of IT operation/ spot follow up over the IT technical activities and performance
1.3. Technology Development Team Section
- Technology Team is responsible for:
- Innovating the latest technology to support MJQE business need
- Developing the technology planning and implementation
- Designing and developing system as request from another department through IT department
- Developing the Technology development IT policy and procedure
- Development of technology research capacity and capability to meet with MJQE business current requirement and future requirement.
- Development of research partnerships with other local and international technology service providers to support the project planning and implementation.
- Manage and monitor manual database backup such as Sun System and all MJQE System
- Reviewing report of technology development team for development activities.
1.4. IT Security Team Section
- IT Security Team is responsible for:
- Monitors compliance with the information security policies and procedures among employees, contractors, partners, and other third parties
- Monitors and reports on business security issues (Regularly report to IT committee on the progress of implementation of security and establishing the method to reduce the vulnerability to fraud, abuse or waste)
- Providing trainings to new staff and existing staff for information security awareness within the MJQE
- Actively leads the updating and maintaining of current security patches on live systems
- Developing and maintaining a strategic plan for information security that aligns security controls with business requirement for information protection
- Supports the delivery of IT and/or network security procedures or processes, operations and architectural solution for MJQE that support the business aims and take into account appropriate legal, regulatory constraints
- Providing recommendation on IT security for new IT project or system
- Undertakes testing and validation of hardware, firmware and software for possible impacts on security
- Completes assigned elements of IT security risks assessment and compliance audits
Manages where applicable information security and compliance team to ensure high performing and well-motivated people delivering a specific function or service.