Alex Food Court
Here at Alex Food Court we believe that a balanced diet is key to healthy eating habits because it provides children with the nutrients they need to grow. Alex Food Court which is one of our food and beverage services was established in late January 2005. Food and beverage provided at Alex Food Court has a considerable influence on the development of our students’ long-term eating habits, food preferences and attitudes towards food. Our school canteen plays a vital role in promoting healthy foods and creating a school culture of healthy eating. Food and beverage preferences are developed in childhood, and we strongly believe that eating healthy food is a crucial part of being balanced. Our aim is to provide our community with options for nutritious and delicious foods and drinks that can be enjoyed with minimal waste and environmental impact. Foods and drinks that are high in salt, sugar and fat are limited at our Alex Food Court. All kinds of energy dinks are not allowed to sell. The variety of protein such as meat, fish, eggs or beans is available each day.
Why eat at Alex Food Court?
- It can save both time and money.
- You can choose foods and drinks in several options.
- The foods and drinks are not expensive. Thus, the eating cost can be saved.
- It is located nearby the study buildings and offices.
- A minimum amount of instant, frozen, processed foods are used.
- The place is clean, and the food is hygienic.
- It is a pleasant space which contribute to the development of students and reflect a positive school climate.
- More fruit, fruit juices, vegetables and whole grain bread are on the menu.
- There are fewer soft drinks, no energy drinks or sports drinks, no alcohol, and no deep-fried food.
- Last but not least, foods and drinks at Alex Food Court must meet national standards for food preparation, storage, hygiene and safety.