On May 21, 2022, American Intercon School committee organized the 150th field trip to 7 Makara Freshwater Hatchery located in National Road. No. 21, Prek Khsev Village, Sangkat Roka Khpos, Takhmao City, Kandal Province and continued to Saang Phnom Resort located in SaAng Phnom Commune, SaAng District, Kandal Province. This study tour was a great opportunity for students to gain more knowledge in addition to the lessons in the class which included the following points:
- Understand the technical aspects of fish farming, fish breeds and agricultural management market (market for selling fish species in Cambodia).
- Understand the historical sites related to SaAng Phnom, a natural tourism resort.
- Understand the daily business, living standards and hard work of farmers in rural areas, as well as appreciate the landscape of villages, farms, and gardens a long side of the road in Kandal province.
- Gain new knowledge and have the spirit to contribute to the promotion of agriculture, culture, tourism and natural resources.
- Strengthen friendships, solidarity, increase courage and experience in interpreting, collaborating, leading, independence, ownership, team communication and public relations.
- Reflect on the content of the lesson, gain new knowledge and clear feelings.
All in all, it was a wonderful study tour for the students, the principal, and teachers because they had the chance to distribute gifts to students in the country side which included a lot of study materials for young Elementary school children. This study tour allows students to have fun after class and connect with new knowledge outside of school.